Have Me SpeakI'm available and happy to speak to church groups, classes, conferences, and the like. I enjoy talking about philosophical theology, but also sacramental and liturgical theology, postmodernism, moral theology/philosophy, epistemology, and medieval Christian philosophy.
For a more detailed account of my professional interests, consult my CV pages.
In recent years, I have spoken on the following topics:
- "Suarez and the Emergence of Protestant Scholasticism," paper presented at a Suarez conference at Franciscan University (Steubenville, Ohio)
- "Aristotle on Anger: Ancient Greek Ethics and Practices of the Self," paper presented at the Eastern Pennsylvania Philosophical Association Spring meeting at Susquehannah University (Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania)
- "Intertextuality and Metalepsis in Matthew's Gospel," lecture at Tenth Presbyterian Church (Philadelpha, Pennsylvania)
- "Joy Comes in the Morning: Comedy and the Christian Narrative," lecture at Art & Soul Conference, Baylor University (Waco, TX)
- "No Shadow of Turning: Classical Theism and the Openness of God" (two lectures), Covenant Worldview Institute (Tokyo, Japan)
- "'Just War' and Christian Ethics," lecture at Calvary Presbyterian Church (Willow Grove, PA)
- "Premodern, modern, postmodern: philosophy and faith" (4 lectures), Biblical Horizons Conference (Valparaiso, FL)
- "Luigi Giussani's The Risk of Education," International Institute for Culture (Philadelphia, PA)
- "Did Jesus really rise from the dead?" Communio Forum, La Salle University (Philadelpiha, PA)
Contact InformationIf you'd like me to speak at your parish, group, or institution, feel free to contact me and we can try to make arrangements.
You can reach me through either email or conventional mail or by office phone:
La Salle University
1900 W. Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141